Make your African dream come true – Become a Safari Guide!
Do you have passion for wildlife? Do you love the outdoors? Do you want to learn more about nature?
Then this is for you!
We train professional Field Guides in South Africa. You could learn how to drive a 4x4 vehicle, follow fresh tracks, ID bird calls, handle a rifle and read an Elephant’s behavior! Feel the wind in your hair whilst on a bush walk, fall asleep to the call of the lion and wake up to the grunt of hippos. Observe the abundant wildlife from the deck of your spacious tent or watch the Leopard walk past whilst studying in the open lecture room.
“Walk the talk” – about us...
We, MORE – have the African bush in our blood. The Lion Sands Game Reserve has been in our family for four generations – that’s where our connection with the natural environment and its most epic creatures was born. That’s why we want to enroll people who truly believe in conservation, treasure nature and love sharing it with others.
“Gap with a goal” – our courses...
The 6 or 12 month courses are FGASA accredited (Field Guide Association of Southern Africa). This means you gain a qualification well recognized in Africa, the USA, UK or Dubai – an amazing stepping stone for a future career in Ecotourism, natural sciences or nature conservation. Of course, you can also just come for an adventurous experience, a career break or simply to make your dream come true!
6 month course:
- FGASA level I
- FGASA Trails Guide Back up
- Advanced Rifle Handling
- Wilderness First Aid level I and II
- Tracks & Signs
- 4 x 4 Driving
- Principals of Reserve Management
- Wildlife Photography
- 5-star Hospitality
- Survival and Navigation
12 month course:
- All of the above
- Plus 6 month practical placement in one of our five-star lodges:
This is ideal if you wish to turn your passion for wildlife into a career or gain practical experience before university or a job. Our properties are rated amongst the most pristine wildlife destinations in South Africa and hence will be a true asset on your CV.
- We’re situated within a private section of the stunning Marakele National Park, to which we have exclusive use.
- The Big Five roam free and the reserve is heaven for an impressive variety of wildlife
- The area is malaria-free
- Small groups guarantee personal attention to each learner.
- We offer professional training facilities and spacious accommodation.
- The college is 30 minutes from town
- The camp has internet access and cellphone reception.
- We can assist with your study-visa or work permit.